The Prevention Resource Centers:
Regional Prevention Centers are conveniently located throughout the area serving residents in 75 counties of the 13 regional areas.
The Regional Prevention Representative/Centers are dynamic areas designed to strengthen the community’s capacity to prevent and curtail the use of drugs at the local level. Each center focuses on building collaborations and partnership within the regions and promoting healthy drug -free living.
The staff at each regional area Center works with communities and neighborhoods to provide substance abuse education, engages community leaders, youth and families in taking action to reduce the risks and use of ATOD and addresses local conditions and elements that lead to substance abuse.
In order to sustain that coordinated effort, the prevention section of the Division of Aging, Adult, & Behavioral Health Services funds:
- Thirteen Regional Prevention Providers. For more information see, PREVENTION SERVICES DIRECTORY
- UALR MidSouth Center for Prevention and Training. For more information, see www.midsouth.ualr.edu
- Arkansas Prevention Certification Board. For more information, see www.arkprevention.com
- Arkansas Prevention Needs Assessment. For more information, see www.arkansas.pridesurveys.com
- Archival Risk Factors and State Epidemiological Workgroup. For more information, see www.preventionworksar.com