Monitor and Secure Prescription Medications
- Place prescriptions in a safe, locked container
- Record the time and dosage when you take or administer medication
- Ask your doctor how to safely take your medications
- Dispose of unneeded prescriptions in a Take Back Box
- Keep naloxone in the house if you are prescribed opioids
- Seek treatment if you have dependency on prescription or illicit opioids
- Keep medication accessible on countertops or in a dresser
- Forget to clean up spilled medication
- Throw medication in the trash
- Dump medication down the sink
- Flush medication down the toilet
- Forget to record dosage
Tools Talk to Your Doctor
Advocate for yourself and your safety when you visit the doctor.
Tools to Talk to Your Teen
Parents have a big influence over their teen’s opinions about substance misuse. Here are tips to talk with your teen.
Aging adults are at risk for opioid use disorder when taking medications for chronic pain. OPAL has resources to keep aging adults healthy and safe.